- A Video Editor (VE) manipulates film and video footage to create a cohesive, comprehensive project that accurately describes and communicates a vision or expectation consistent with the requirements of the video sponsor.
- They use complex editing software to stitch together still and moving images, video footage, sound effects, dialogue and animation effects to create a cohesive story that effectively conveys the intended message.
- As a Video Editor, you must be able to conceptualize, imagine, create, edit, manipulate, produce and publish (ready for viewing) multimedia content including videos, photos , designs of different formats and concepts, animations, short films/videos. , etc.
- Ultimately, you need to be able to combine image and sound in order to tell a cohesive story.
Tasks / Functions
- Meet with the CEO to determine the production vision.
- Review the raw material to determine the shot list.
- Manipulate film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Maintain continuity while shifting shots based on scene value.
- Cut the pictures and assemble the rough project.
- Insert dialogues, sound effects, music, graphics and special effects.
- Make sure the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consult with the CEO and production team throughout the project.
- Create the final edit for broadcast.
- Display skills, knowledge and manipulation of photography.
- Provide constructive feedback during team meetings and planning sessions
- Participate in the planning and execution of various campaigns and projects.
- Work directly with customers during a production process.
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to the overall success of any project involved.
- Exhibit cooperation and teamwork.
- Any other task that may be required.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Response time to request (15 minutes)
- Alignment with all requirements (80%)
- Customer satisfaction (80%)
- Single outing per day/month (varies, discuss with line manager)
- Engagement in posts (social media and/or website) (70%)
- Video views and shares (social media and/or website) (70%)
- Audience loyalty (social networks and/or website) (50%).
- No qualification or degree required.
- Be exceptionally imaginative.
- Show creativity, art and innovation.
- Strong understanding of video editing and design principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Very analytical.
- Tech-focused and entrepreneur at heart.
- Computer skills (advanced).
- Experience in photography and video editing.
- Ability to train others in the effective use of a camera.
- Knowledge of 3D composition and special effects.
- Ability to handle film and video footage without supervision.
- Be willing to work on several projects at the same time at all scales, independently or in a team.
- Have the ability to work with defined milestones within a project and strict time constraints.
- Fulfill company reporting requirements; time sheets, work logs, etc.
- Understanding of marketing, production, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements and multimedia design.
- Know how to use video editing tools.
- Quality portfolio for evaluation.
- Cross-functional computer and technology experience is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Very organized
- Presentable appearance
- Pleasant personality
- team player
- Attention to detail
- Skills for problem solving
- Innovative and Creative
- Leadership skills
- Management team, team leaders, customers
- Monday to Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
Salary: N50,000 – N100,000 Monthly.
- Remuneration for work done successfully
- Bonus subject to management approval:
- 0.01% to 10% performance bonus on successfully executed client projects.
- 5% – 20% commission on new customers acquired through the position holder’s share capital.
- Individual financial coaching
Flexibility and leave:
- Hybrid work environment up to 2 days/week subject to management approval and business needs.
- Paid leave after probation, including vacation, bereavement leave, jury days, sick leave, parental leave, disability, and approved holidays.
- Remote work opportunities
Community and personal development:
- Educational reimbursement for approved learning programs.
- Access to internal training.
- Unlimited access to sell personal courses on the organization’s e-learning platform.
Innovative Extras subject to management approval:
- Contract of at least 18 months.
- Subject to a 3 month probationary evaluation on the minimum wage position.
- 3 months notice before resignation or termination.
- Reimbursement of 3 months salary in violation of 1,2,3 above.
- Compulsory participation in the initiation, scheduled quarterly training and annual retreat of the organization.
- Learning at your own pace to use work and productivity tools during the trial period.
- Access to a smartphone and an internet connection.
- Availability and reachability by phone and/or email.
- Provision of a police report or background check.
- Provision of a signed guarantor or reference from previous place of work.
- Medical report for frequent sick leave beyond approved limits.
- Comply with all organization policies, including but not limited to the Employee Policy, Information Protection Policy, and ATIT.
Click here to apply